Professor Hoppe speaks to Jeff Tucker about his early life as a Marxist; the missed opportunity of East Germany’s failure to become an independent Prussia in 1989; the insidious nature of state constitutions; the early history of Switzerland; his thoughts on the monster known as the European Union; his writings on Austrianism and Socialism; the Property and Freedom Society; and much else of interest along the way.
Obviously, the interview is non-compulsory for Rothbardians to watch; however, it is highly recommended. Verstehen Sie?
Jeffrey Tucker interviews Hans-Hermann Hoppe, Distinguished Fellow with the Ludwig von Mises Institute and Professor Emeritus of Economics at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Recorded at the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama, on 28 July 2011. Uploaded onto YouTube by misesmedia on Sep 28, 2011.
Various works of literature mentioned in the interview:
- De-Socialization in a United Germany (PDF)
- Democracy: The God that Failed (Review of book unavailable for free download)
- Economic Science and the Austrian Method (Selection of various formats for free download)
- Economics and Ethics of Private Property (Selection of various formats for free download)
- Goethe on National Greatness (HTML)
- The Myth of National Defense (Selection of various formats for free download)
- A Theory of Socialism and Capitalism (Selection of various formats for free download)
- Hoppe Festschrift – Property, Freedom, and Society: Essays in Honor of Hans-Hermann Hoppe (Selection of various formats for free download)